Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Mum & Brother's Visit

Wow, what a busy week! As a result, this is your warning: This is a LONG blog post!

Everything started two Sunday's ago when my family arrived. It was late, so we basically just showed them around the house, unloaded their stuff, and then went to Sonic for dinner. My mum brought baby (& me) a few presents:
The classic Pooh Bear I got for Christmas got three new friends!

Huggies has Pooh Bear diapers for a limited time... mum bought some! :D

Monday we got pedicures, yes, even my brother! It was hilarious watching him have everything done to his feet! Right after he said he wasn't ticklish, he couldn't stop laughing! After pedicures we drove to Chattanooga and ate at Buffalo Wild Wings... yum! I had been craving it for a couple months now so I was a very happy girl! After lunch we crossed the street and went to the Tennessee Aquarium. So much fun! I love that place and it was the first time my mum went. I love looking at all the little Nemos!

The next day my brother woke up at 5 am to go fishing with a friend of mine. He didn't get home until almost 11pm! What a long day! 
One of the fish he caught.

My mum and I had fun too. We drove to Chattanooga for a day of shopping. I was in dire need of some maternity clothes because, well, I had one pair of shorts and four shirts I had been rotating. Now I have pretty clothes and things to wear to church! Yay!

Wednesday we just chilled at home because Adam was tired from fishing, and I was worn out from so much activity the past few days! Mum didn't complain, she was just happy to be with her kids... (awwww). Here is a picture of my 6 foot 4 inch baby brother sun-tanning... LOL.

Thursday was a day spent cleaning and packing because that evening we were planning on heading to Gatlinburg for the last part of their trip. Justin ended up taking Friday off so we could have a longer weekend. So once he was out of work we loaded up the car and headed out! Of course we had to stop at Chick-fil-a so my Yankee family could get their fill of good chicken and waffle fries!! (They wanted to stop on their way down on Sunday, but well, it was Sunday, and they didn't know Chick-fil-a is closed on Sundays!) When we got to Gatlinburg we went downtown so we could do a little shopping and play at Fannie Farkles (an arcade). Justin hit the monster jackpot, and I hit the normal jackpot twice! Poor Adam, he never hit a jackpot, but he did have fun! He even won a little something for a girl he likes.
Justin and I with our thousands of tickets!

The next morning we got up early because we were going to Dollywood for the day. The morning was spent walking around and around the park because the boys rode every single roller coaster... twice. Mum and I watched, but we still had fun. For lunch we went to Red's a 50's diner inside Dollywood. After lunch we saw two shows, Sha-Kon-O-Hey! and Dreamland Drive-In. Then the boys got a few more rides in. By then it was about 6pm, so we headed to Golden Corral for dinner with Justin's grandparents. It was so much fun! I ended up going up to the buffet three times... all for salad! I couldn't get enough! They were teasing me because when they all went up for dessert, I came back with more salad!

Saturday we went putt putt golfing in the morning. It was really fun, and funny. My brother kept trash talking everyone about how he was going to beat everyone.... he lost. My mum won, and I got second. However, Justin and I got hole-in-ones on the last hole so we won two free games to be used within a year! Yay! After putt putt we ate a packed lunch and then when to Pigeon Forge. Mum and I went to Tanger, and the boys went to Knifeworks, a giant knife store. Mum bought the baby some adorable overalls!
The score card from putt putt.
The adorable overalls!

After Tanger and Knifeworks, we were starving so we headed over to the Mill distirct and ate at the Pottery House. They have magical french fries and I ate a lot of them! We went back to the cabin and chilled because we were all exhausted.

Sunday we cleaned and packed up. Once everything was all set at the cabin we headed back home, did laundry and helped Mum and Adam pack up to head back to Michigan. Early yesterday morning they left.

It was a crazy whirl-wind week, but it was fun. It was nice to show off our new home and see my family for more than just a couple days. I miss them already, but they sure know how to wear out a poor pregnant woman! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment