Friday, June 3, 2011

Working on the Nursery...

Last April when Justin and I found out I was pregnant, we started to look for a glider for the nursery... and we found one on Craigslist.

It wasn't bad, I mean it needed a little paint, and the cushions were baby blue (we don't know the sex of the baby yet, and I wanted to have covers on the cushions anyway.), but it was comfortable and doesn't look like it belongs in grandma's knitting corner. AND, it was dirt cheap... like really cheap. So it became our chair. Justin painted it right away and I began my search for the perfect material to cover the cushions.

Now that was an adventure. It took me three or four different fabric stores, and a month of looking, but I found exactly what I wanted, and it was 50% off, so I was ecstatic. The fabric is outdoor fabric (so I can just wipe stuff off it) and it's this pretty light yellow color that matches the color we painted the walls. It has white geometric shapes all over it too. Very neutral and classic.

We brought it home and I began sewing. It was harder than I first anticipated because the bottom cushion is a "T-cushion" (basically, in the shape of a T), so I had my work cut out for me. The cushions turned out pretty good, not perfect, but I'm happy, and the glider looks so cute in the nursery!

Here is the glider all finished in the nursery.
If you want to see the pattern better, click on the photo and it will enlarge.
I love sitting in this chair! Now all I need is my baby to rock...

No comments:

Post a Comment